Sunday 30 September 2012

BURNING PASSION?

It is a well documented fact that house fires are often caused by faulty kitchen equipment such as dishwashers, washing machines and so on. 

A cursory internet search produced this item from America:


"CLEVELAND - Home appliances cause an estimated 150,000 fires a year, resulting in 150 deaths"

and this ...

"WASHINGTON – More than a million GE dishwashers are being recalled due to fire hazard."
 
 A few months ago, my wife was involved in a serious incident at work. She entered the canteen and quickly realised that there was a smell of smoke.

On further investigation, she traced the smell to the dishwasher and when she opened the door, flames leapt out. It had caught fire. 

She acted with a cool head, raised the alarm and in no time, the fire was extinguished. Within a few days, the machine had been replaced.

Ever since, she has been careful to ensure that she never puts our dishwasher on at home when we are going to leave the house empty. If the dishwasher catches fire, she wants to ensure that we are there to deal with it.

Imagine my thoughts then, when waking up an hour or so after my wife had left for work, to find that before leaving the house, she had - you've guessed it - turned on the dishwasher!

Was she tossing me on the barbecue because for her, the flames of love have died?

Was I to be roasted for my life assurance?

For now, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt but rest assured, I have carefully checked the smoke alarms. Also, just between you and me, I have hidden a pot of water under the bed.








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Heat sensor in my clothes dryer went out I'll replace someday. For now we just "Fluff" the clothes well maybe not LOL

    ReplyDelete