Wednesday 7 March 2012

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES


It's a well known fact that men are very bad at reading instructions. It was surely a man who coined the phrase 'How hard can it be?'

In our defence, some instructions are so ridiculous that they become a joke.

Take these examples ...

On Marks & Spencer Bread pudding - 'Product will be hot after heating'

On a packet of Sainsbury's peanuts - 'Warning, contains nuts'

On Boots children's cough medicine - 'Do not drive or operate machinery'

On Nytol sleep aid - 'Warning, may cause drowsiness'.

I bought a new electric toothbrush several months ago. It came with a book of instructions in many different languages. I thought 'Let me guess ... add toothpaste, switch on, brush teeth'. So I threw the booklet in the bin without looking at it.

The brush works just fine except that it has an annoying habit of making a funny noise every now and then. I told my lovely wife of the problem. She laughed and explained that it was designed to make the noise every 30 seconds so that the user could spend an equal time on each quadrant of the mouth totalling the recommended 2 minutes in total.

How was I supposed to have known that?

1 comment: