Wednesday 6 June 2012

GRANDMA'S PARTY

We certainly know how to throw a party but sadly, now the party's over. 

I watched the pageant, the concert, the parades and the Queen majestically enjoying it all and like countless others I had a glow in my heart. A national pride which warms us and keeps us united.

I suppose my favourite part was the concert with amazing musicians and singers from the sixty decades during which our dear Lizzie has supported us. One young teenager being interviewed on TV said she is 'one cool Grandma'. 

What I wasn't prepared for was the overwhelming emotion I felt as the music played and I listened to the sound track of my life. 

I was just five when Elizabeth took over as Queen of our nation and as the sixty years of  music played, all those years came alive again - I always find that music has that effect on me and I'm sure that I'm not alone. 

So thanks Ma'am for being a huge part of my life, thanks for inviting me to the party and let's hope we can rock on for many more years to come.


1 comment:

  1. Well said.. You might enjoy:: http://60andthenext10.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete