Wednesday 28 August 2013

GARDENING BUG



I seem to have been bitten by the gardening bug. 

So far in my life, my anti-gardening filter screen has worked well and I have spent as little time as possible out there but now I can't get enough of it.

There was even a day when I was out there at 7.45 in the morning before the day got too hot.

Even crazier than this, I have subscribed to a weekly gardening magazine. I eagerly await its arrival and then devour it ferociously as if it were a tasty titbit. 

But there is method in my madness. 

Having a weekly magazine means that you are kept informed and up-to-date about what needs doing in the garden at that particular time of year. 

Even more important, it is a weekly prod to get up off my backside and get on with it - in the rare cases when my wife has neglected to do so already.

So as I often say - I love gardening - I could read about it for hours. 

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering..If a man is alone in the garden and speaks,
    and there is no woman to hear him,
    is he still wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, nothing like reading a good book on gardening before you get started. In fact there's no reason not to read the next one either

    ReplyDelete