Sunday 4 August 2013

HOLIDAY SNAPS


Back from my typically British holiday and I thought I'd show you my holiday snaps.

Beach:
Seagulls swooping; noisy, happy children; quiet, happy grown-ups; sand in my sandals; breezy sunshine; smells of the seashore.

Holidaymakers:
Showing bits which haven't seen the sun in a long time; showing bits they shouldn't; sartorial inelegance; shorts, socks, sandals and silly hats.

Food:
Cream tea; clotted cream and jam with two scones; little birds pinching crumbs; fish and chips; ice cream; candy floss; sticks of rock; fudge.

Fun:
Playing 'penny falls' in the arcade; mooching round gift shops and markets; listening to the band play in the park; a stroll along the prom.

Morning:
Woken by seagulls; breakfast smells wafting up the stairs; kippers; check the weather forecast and off we go.

Evening:
Sipping wine in a bar looking out over the harbour; watching the sun set over the sea.

1 comment: