Sunday 3 February 2013

FURTIVE DANCING

This goes no further right? If I confess certain things its just between you and me agreed? O.K. I'll trust you.

At first glance you wouldn't think that Hugh Grant and I had a great deal in common. Indeed I'm sure that I could write a large volume about the many differences between us and yet...

I'm thinking of the dance scene in Love Actually. I'm sure you remember. Hugh Grant as the Prime Minister, is caught out by his secretary doing a dance routine to The Pointer Sisters track 'Jump (for my love)' just when he thought he was alone. 

I've done that too. Well not exactly that but when I'm alone I've been known to do silly dancing ... oh and while I'm in the confessional, silly singing too. I've even done the classic and used my toothbrush as the microphone.

There's more. I try out silly accents. It happens most often when I'm looking in the mirror. One moment I'm combing my hair and then a bad attack of cockney accent breaks out. Or sometimes a dreadful Scottish one.

But this is normal right? You're sitting there thinking 'Oh good, it isn't just me, someone else does silly stuff when there's no-one to see. At least I hope that's what you're thinking.

Hang on - the doorbell's ringing. There's  some men in white coats outside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment