Sunday 1 January 2012

THE ROAD AHEAD


As we approach the new year, there will be some who are fearful and others who look forward with great expectations.

Whichever you are you can embrace the future in the sure knowledge that there will be both good and bad times to enjoy or to endure.

I read these words today (author unknown).


Why is a car's windscreen so large and the rear view mirror so small?

Because our past is not as important as our future.



Whilst this may be true, I cannot help but reflect that when I taught my children to drive, I told them to ensure that they adopt the right driving position and keep a good view of the road ahead so they would have as much notice as possible for the moment when some idiot driver was hell bent on a car crash.

I told them that although the rear view mirror takes up a little of their forward view, they must never make the matter worse by hanging fluffy dice on the mirror to obstruct their view ahead still further.

I also taught them that when they were going to change their course, they must always check their rear view mirror first so they would know whether it was safe to turn.

So look forward to the new year and whatever it brings but remember what has passed and learn from it on your future course.

Me? I am to become a Grandad which I look forward to with great joy and with fond memories of how my own grandparents enriched my childhood.

Happy New Year.



2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are going to become a grandad, being a grand is lots of fun, and then you can give them back. I love being a grandmother.
    Happy New Year to you and yours.
    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete