Sunday 17 March 2013

WINNING THOUGHTS

I went to watch a football match today. My team lost.

I know how they feel. I've been losing my darts matches a lot lately. I'm getting better but often just when I think I might win the thought occurs to me 'But then again I might lose this'. And so I often do.

The trick is to believe. To be positive. To think:
 'I could win. I should win. I will win.'

Walter D. Wintle put it beautifully:

The Man Who Thinks He Can
 

If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don't;
If you'd like to win, but think you can't,
It's almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
For out in the word we find
Success begins with a fellow's will,
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outcasted, you are;
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man;
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the man who thinks he can. 

We needed Walter playing on the pitch today.





Image courtesy of [Stuart Miles] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment